Providing Scituate's older adults with education, information, stimulation, socialization,
transportation, recreation, wellness and outreach programs.
The mission of the Scituate Council on Aging is to identify the unique needs and interests of the senior members of the Scituate community and to implement programs that will enhance their quality of life, foster independence, and ensure the physical and emotional well-being of a growing aging community.
We are still CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC but available to assist with your needs. Please call 781-545-8722 and listen to be directed to a staff person. Please leave any contact information that is helpful, including cell phone and e-mail if you have it. See the Online Activities menu tab for our virtual and outdoor programs at this time.
COVID Outreach Services
Please adhere to the following guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean things that are frequently touched (like doorknobs and countertops) with household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Follow the stay-at-home advisory and otherwise adhere to Social Distancing recommendations of at least 6 feet for avoiding close contact with others.
- Wear an appropriate and recommended face covering when inside or in contact with others.
- Think ahead about how to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Visit www.mass.gov/KnowPlanPrepare for preparedness tips.
For more, visit: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Outreach Services are offered to the senior (60+) and disabled adult population of Scituate. At this time we are available for phone support, well-check calls, SNAP (Food Stamps support), and connection to other resources such as Meals on Wheels, the Food Pantry and information on Medicare and other health insurance needs.
Call the main number at 781-545-8722 and listen to the options to have your call directed to a staff extension.
The Scituate Council on Aging provides transportation services to Scituate adults 60+, and those who meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Currently, transportation is available for critical medical appointments and to pick up prescriptions as well as for scheduled rides to Shaw's, Village Market and the Food Pantry. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. Everyone is required to wear a recommended facemask while on the vans and remain socially distanced while we limit the number of riders on the van at one time. We are looking forward to resuming full transportation services as soon as it is safe to do so.
Scheduled trips to the local markets as follows:
Shaws: Wednesday; limited to 4 persons at each scheduled time
Village Market: Thursday; limited to 4 persons at each scheduled time
Scituate Food Pantry: 1st and 3rd Tuesday; limited to 4 persons at each scheduled time
Please contact our Transportation Coordinator at 781-545-8872 for any transportation request.
The GATRA Sloop service is operating Mon-Fri only from 9:30AM – 3:40PM.
Please remember to maintain social distancing as much as possible on-board all GATRA vehicles. We ask that you only travel if it is absolutely necessary and minimize contact with the bus driver.
|Ann Gifford||Transportation Coordinator||781-545-8872|
|Jill Johnston||Administrative Assistant||781-545-8874|