Not Just Another Harbor – Another World…
The Town of Scituate is located midway between Boston and Plymouth. Scituate was incorporated in 1636 and has always maintained a healthy commercial fishing fleet, while being an active homeport for numerous recreational boats.
Scituate contains approximately 21 square miles of waterways, including five beaches, (Minot, Sand Hills, Egypt, Peggotty and Humarock), four rivers, the North and South Rivers, Herring River and Gulph River, and a large sheltered harbor.
The Scituate Harbormaster’s Office is staffed year round by three individuals. During the recreational boating season (May 15th – October 15th) the staff is augmented by an additional 11 Assistant Harbormasters. The Harbormaster and his Assistant Harbormasters are responsible for insuring water safety, maritime law enforcement and the assignment of moorings and slips administered by the Town of Scituate.