The Mission of the Scituate Recreation Department is to provide exceptional and creative programs, services and facilities (such as beaches, ball fields and playgrounds) that foster community spirit and involvement while enhancing the quality of life for all people in Scituate.
Along with planning, organizing and executing the special events listed below we also run approximately 300 plus classes a year. A full listing of our offerings can be found in our quarterly brochures (in the upper right side of page).
The Recreation Department offers the following variety of special events:
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt in April
- Mr. C's 5 And 6 Year Old Soccer Program, May-June
- Scituate Harbor Unplugged an evening of original and contemporary music in July
- P.J. Steverman Golf Classic in September
- Calls From The North Pole in December
The Recreation Department is responsible for Lifeguard Service at four beaches in the Town of Scituate:
- Minot Beach
- Peggotty Beach
- Egypt Beach
- Humarock Beach
And Field Permitting for: (link here)
- The Sixteen Athletic Fields
- Tennis Courts
- PJ Steverman InLine Skating Rink
- Morrill Memorial Bandstand on Cole Parkway
- Basketball Courts at Kazlousky Park
To find out more information on how to reserve a facility or to book a facility please contact Tess Weafer, field coordinator.
|Maura Glancy||Recreation Directoremail@example.com|
|Nick Lombardo||Assistant Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tess Weafer||Field Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Caitlin Fitzmaurice||Office Stafffirstname.lastname@example.org|