The Commission on Disabilities strives to cause the full integration and participation of people with disabilities in the Town of Scituate. The role of the Commission on Disabilities is to:
- research local problems of people with disabilities;
- advise and assist municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations that affect people with disabilities;
- coordinate or carry out programs designed to meet the problems of people with disabilities in coordination with programs of the Massachusetts Office on Disability;
- review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of departments, boards and agencies of the Town of Scituate as they affect people with disabilities;
- provide information, referrals, guidance and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability; and to
- coordinate activities of other local groups organized for similar purposes.
Town residents and visitors are encouraged to contact the Commission of Disabilities by email or phone (508) 930-2338 with concerns or questions concerning access and accommodations for persons with disabilities.
|John McLaughlin||Chairperson: Certified Community Access Monitor MOD, Housing Law for People, Fire Emergency/Evacuation Plan, Fundamental Rights and Mental Health Law, Wellness Recovery Action Planning DLC, Strategic Municipal ADA Planning, Transition Planning|
|Megan Sommer||Vice Chairperson|
|Elaine Schembari||Secretary, Certified Community Access Monitor|